Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Randomness: Today's gym-inspired musings

1) Zumba people are hilarious- with their Cherokee Indian war cries, and their paraphernalia, and their well coordinated Zumba-wear, these folks are really hard core about some Zumba; so hard core that after every class they have to discuss how great Zumba is for 10 extra minutes, delaying all other classes without fail. 
 I get it- Zumba makes you feel like you're in... a hip-hop video and that excites you, but I don't appreciate how ya'll cut short my Yoga class every week. Please take your hype to another room...

2) Speaking of Yoga, shame on me for giving my 70 year-old Yoga instructor the side-eye the first time I took her class, because that lady has me feeling like I've been hit by a linebacker after every class... I swear she was secretly laughing at my struggle today, but as far as I'm concerned she get's mad respect all day long. NEVER judge a book by its old, weathered cover...

3) Another thing... who works out in lace? Isn't that taking "breathable fabrics" to whole other level? Maybe it's that hot-body trainer she's paying $180 for (on top of $60 monthly fees) that has this woman laced-out like Victoria's Secret up in this gym, but I guess I shouldn't judge- if Serena Williams can play tennis in lace then this lady can work out in lace too, right? Besides, if I was paying $180 for that same hot-body trainer, I'd probably be showing up in that black cat suit Serena Williams' wore at the 2002 U.S. Open...

4) Final thought- We are getting closer and closer to that time of year when the New Years Resolution people start dropping out of the gym, freeing up the machines and "keeping the fees low" (as the gym rats are so fond of saying) for the people who work out all year long. To my Resolutioners- do not let the meatheads and gym rats clown you. Keep at your goals and get your money's worth. Your body will thank you and you can thumb your nose at those folks who were actively or inadvertently anticipating your failure.
 
Get (and stay) fit in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment